Congratulations on starting your Manual Osteopathic Therapy program! You will expand your knowledge and become confident in practice. We want to be among the first to welcome you to your new career!
With the start of your Manual Osteopathic Therapy program comes a choice to make on which professional association you will choose. Might we suggest some topics/questions that you may wish to ask when considering which Association to join:
- Membership Requirements: What do they require for Continuing Education? What do they require for First Aid? Are there other things they require you to have or do?
- Membership Costs: What is the yearly membership fee? Are membership fees prorated if you join during a different time of year from renewal? Does their membership include insurance, or is that an extra cost? Are there additional hidden fees? (Ask for a fee schedule)
- Professional Liability Insurance Coverage: Is it claims based, or occurrence based? Remember, for your long-term peace of mind, you want OCCURRENCE Based insurance – learn more about the difference between Occurrence Based vs. Claims Made Based by visiting https://cmmota.com/cmmota-blog/?entry=35 Does the policy include Commercial General Liability and Malpractice Liability Coverage? What is the maximum yearly payout? What are the deductibles if any? What modalities are included in the base policy? What modalities require additional premiums?
- Communication: Does the association get back to you quickly, or does it take days or weeks? Send an email and see how quickly they respond. Give them a call, both during office hours and off hours, and leave a message and see how quickly they respond to a question you have.
- Membership Perks: Most Associations have membership perks, which could be anything from exclusive discounts at retail or massage supply outlets, access to discounted health insurance, access to discounted home and auto or other insurance products, discounts to continuing education programs, literally the list of potential perks could be endless. For example – at CMMOTA we have a member who saves enough on their home and auto insurance that the savings have more than covered their yearly membership fees with us. Point here is, do your homework.
- Provincial Mobility: What happens if you move to a different province? What happens if you want to practice outside of the province you currently live in?
We hope that you will seriously consider CMMOTA as your association of choice. You can find the CMMOTA answer to many of these questions in our FAQ’s – which can be found at https://cmmota.com/faqs/
You can also find more information on CMMOTA Membership at https://cmmota.com/membership-information/
Finally, if you are ready to #joinCMMOTA, you can start the application process today by visiting https://app.cmmota.com/apply
How can CMMOTA help you as a Manual Osteopathic Therapist?
CMMOTA has a fully operational office with staff that can be reached during regular business hours (M-F 9-4 Mountain Time) to help guide and answer all your questions. This allows us to provide exceptional service and an outstanding experience to both existing and prospective members.
Full Manual Osteopathic Therapist Members are recognized by the following insurance companies.
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Canada Benefit Providers
- Chamber of Commerce Insurance
- Desjardin Insurance
- Equitable Life
- Empire Life
- Group Medical Services (GMS)
- Johnston Group
- Manitoba Blue Cross
- Maximum Benefits
- Medavie Blue Cross
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross
- The Co-Operators
Where are CMMOTA members located?
We currently have members that practice in Alberta, B.C., Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, and Yukon Territory. Our professional liability insurance allows members to enjoy the freedom of travelling and working within all provinces throughout Canada. This removes the hassle of joining a different association. Our members practice all across Canada, from Coast to Coast to Coast.
Who can join CMMOTA?
Our association recognizes Manual Osteopathic Therapists who have graduated from a recognized program which meet either Type 1 or Type 2 of the World Health Organization Benchmark’s for Manual Osteopathic Training.
We also have membership options for massage therapists. Our educational standard for full massage therapist members is a minimum of 2200 hours of education in a recognized program. We do not grant equivalency for experience.
What is the cost to join?
*NEW* We now offer a free manual osteopathic therapist student membership option for those still in your program.
Unlike some other association’s high costs, CMMOTA makes membership costs affordable for everyone. This has allowed us to grow our membership and still provide unmatched service.
The annual cost of membership for Full MOTs is $450. If you are also a practicing massage therapist, you can also move your massage membership to CMMOTA and pay a combined discounted rate of $600 for both memberships. This will give you access to all the benefits of being a member of the CMMOTA.
| Membership Fee Payment Schedule for MOT’s
|Requested Effective Date
|Jan, Feb, Mar
|Apr, May, Jun
|Jul, Aug, Sep
|Oct, Nov, Dec *Fees for the following year must be paid at the same time
||$112.5 + $450= $562.50
We would like the chance to prove our worth to you. Please contact us at (403) 356-1160 to speak with one of our amazing staff. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in contact with you.
We are all very excited for this change and being able to provide an association for all Manual Osteopathic Therapists to join.