October 25, 2019 - October 27, 2019
$595.00 - $650.00 | 15.25 credits
Course Name: “Thai Massage Level 1: Foundation
Skills”, ITM School of Chiang Mai, Thailand Method / 15.25 Credits / Pre-Requisites:
Dates: Fri. Oct. 25 – Sun. Oct. 27, 2019
Location: Healing Connections, 10548 – 115th Street, Edmonton AB
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Registered Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Cost: $650.00 CAD +gst / Early Bird Pricing: $595 CAD +gst when paying a non-refundable deposit of $100 by October 15th, 2019. Payment plans are available upon request.
To register, please contact Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton directly at 604-773-2645 or email at [email protected]
For more details, visit: www.BanyanThaiMassage.com
Course Description / ‘Thai Massage Level 1: Foundation
*This is an official “ITM Thai Massage
School” course and is the same curriculum, if you studied at the school in Chiang
Mai, Thailand. Your Level 1 Certificate
is valid when presented to the school in Thailand to advance to Level 2.
Traditional Thai Massage is a unique form of body therapy dating back over 2,500 years to ancient times. This form of massage incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient.
· Thai Yoga Massage Positions learned in Level 1: Foundation Skills are in the Supine and Seated Positions.
· Students will learn a total of 68 sequences that combine passive yoga-like Stretches and Thai Massage for the Feet, Legs, Hips, Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Neck, Face, Chest and Back.
· Upon completion of Thai Massage Level 1, students will be able to perform a complete 90-120 min. set of Thai Yoga Massage. Much of the work may be directly applied to the Massage Table.
· In the first segment of the program, students will review the Benefits Thai Yoga Massage and how it relates to the muscular, lymphatic, cardiovascular and nervous systems of the body.
· Students will practice performing a Health History screening on a partner. Client record keeping and follow up practice will also be discussed, in addition to covering the topics of Relative and Absolute Contraindications.
· Concepts of locating pressure points, and understanding various manifestations of the body’s physical, psychological and spiritual balance are all introduced.
· The History, Rules, Methods, Benefits, Directions and Abbreviations of Traditional Thai Massage, as well as the concept of initiating “energy” movement with the use of Acupressure on the ‘Sen’ Meridians through the body are covered. These Meridians are the same as those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
For more information, please visit: http://www.banyanthaimassage.com/